EA License Renewal Period Now Open
Enrolled Agents with SSNs ending in 0, 1, 2 or 3 should renew their EA licenses by January 31, 2019
to ensure processing before the current enrollment cards expire on March 31, 2019.
- Renew your license using Form 8554. Just go to www.pay.gov and enter “8554” in the Search box.
- Complete the online form and pay the $30 renewal fee.
- Renewals may take up to 90 days to process.
- All enrolled agents must also have an active PTIN and must enter it on Form 8554.
Tips from NAEA:
- When you renew online, please save your renewal form as a PDF for your files. Before you submit your renewal, use the PDF preview function to save it. You will be unable to save the renewal form after you click "submit." You will then be directed to the payment screen where you will renew your license by making your $30 renewal payment through ACH or by credit or debit card. Please save your pay.gov payment receipt for your records.
- Publication 5186 is a handy chart outlining minimum CE requirements, particularly useful for EAs in their first cycle. Generally speaking, you count two hours of CE for each calendar month starting with the month you received your certificate and EA license.
- NAEA Members who have questions about their renewal may email Justin Edwards, NAEA's Associate Director of Government Relations.